Monday, April 18, 2011

Typographical Conveyance

For this activity we were supposed to use what we have learned this semester to reflect the meaning of the words. The words we had to display meaning for are: Shred, lightly, atom, brick, pillow, and XXL.


For this image I wrote the word shred in Photoshop then took the eraser tool and drew lines threw it to look like it had been shredded. I chose to make the lines thin so you could still read the word.


This image is supposed to depict the word lightly. I wrote the word in a handwritten font and then connected it to two prongs. This is supposed to look like a light bulb and the word is the filament. 

 For this image I wrote the word atom and found an image of an atom and substituted it for the o.







For this image I wrote the word brick in all caps in a font that looked like a box. I changed the text to an orange ish color so the text would look like a brick. I then stacked the words so it would look like a brick wall. I put an off white background so it would look like mortar.

 
For this image I found a font that was really large and kind of resembled a pillow. I then wrote the word pillow in a white color and put a blue background. I put the word at the top of the image so it would almost resemble a pillow on a bed with a blue comforter.




For this image I wrote XXL in a really large font. I also chose a font that was bold and boxy to make it look even larger.

1 comment:

  1. Your rendition of pillow is interesting. I really like the font you used. It adequately conveys the feeling of a cloud or pillow, something soft. Good job!

    -Lamar

    ReplyDelete