Saturday, April 9, 2011

Legibility/ Activity 9

For this activity we were supposed to find a background and place text over it and make sure it was legible.


Here I used a brick background with white text. I thought the white text would have good contrast with the darker color bricks and keep a two color theme. The text did not stand out as much as I wanted it to. Even though there was contrast between the brownish red brick and the white text, there was not enough contrast between the color of the mortar joints and the color of the text.






Here I used the same background and the same font. I made the font color black and I also made the font bold. This black color create more contrast making the text stand out more. Making the text bold also helped for it to stand out more.


Here I decided to play around with more different backgrounds and text. I placed white text over the darker black background. Since there were not very many white stars in that area it did not effect the contrast like it did on the brick background with white text.


Here I wanted to experiment with another background. I made the text at an angle because sometimes when wood is stamped it is not always straight. Also every example in the book and the ones that I have done had the text straight so I decided to have some fun an make the text at an angle. The black text contrasted with the wood so it was easy to read the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment