Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Activity 13/ Combining Fonts and Images

For this activity we were supposed to create a log for a pretend company using a simple image.

I decided to make my pretend company a construction company. I called it "Quality Construction." I started designing my log by first selecting a simple image. I chose to use a screw so I searched screws using Google images and found these. I use Photoshop to select only the one on the far right.


I then added the font and placed the image in the logo. It looked like this. 


I used a blue font because I thought it went well with the gray color of the screw. I chose this font because I though it looked sophisticated and would help give off the Quality vibe. I chose to add a slogan because a lot of companies have a little slogan. My slogan was we can screw things up. I thought this was a humorous play on words with the screw in the log. Screwing thing up is often negatively associated. But if something is falling down and you literally screw it up so it dose not fall it can be a good thing. I felt that if someone saw this logo the would read the slogan laugh and remember it. The slogan is also in a gray color which is similar to the screw to the whole logo only has two colors.

Since I didn't really change the picture of the screw in Photoshop I redesigned the logo with an image of a screw that I drew. I don't think it looks very good and I like the other one better. But this is all original and not infringing on copyright laws. Which would be good if someone was using this for a real company.

No comments:

Post a Comment