Saturday, April 9, 2011

Icons/ Activity 8

Activity 8 was to find an image and create an icon of that image using basic shapes and colors.

The image on the left is a picture of a screwdriver I found on the internet. The image to the right is the icon that I created using PowerPoint. For this icon I used a wide rectangle for the handle an oval for the top. A long skinny rectangle for that connected the tip to the handle. I then used three skinny red rectangles so the Icon would have the same red stripes that the image of the craftsman screwdriver did. I made the stripe in the middle a little bit longer so it would make the icon look more cylindrical.

 I created another version of an icon using Microsoft Paint. I used the same simple rectangles and circles as I did in PowerPoint but I then used some of the editing tools in paint to try and enhance the image. Created a blue square then used the eraser to create the concave part of the handle like it was in the original image. I also used the pencil tool to draw the tip of the screwdriver gut that did not come out very well.  

I still did not think I was doing a very good job on the icon so I found an example of a screwdriver icon on the internet and tried to recreate it.

I recreated this image using the combination of PowerPoint and Paint. I used a oval for the handle a rectangle for the shaft and a wedge for the tip of the screwdriver. I then put it together so it looked somewhat like a screwdriver and then copied it into Paint. I used the eraser tool to remove the lines so it would look like one image and not a combination of shapes. I also used the pencil tool to make a smooth transition form the wedge to the rest of the screwdriver.

No comments:

Post a Comment