Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Emotional Design

Sometimes I feel that homework is never ending. There is always something is should be doing and whenever I finish something there is something else I need to do. I feel like there is always a project that I need to do, a paper I need to write, or several textbooks that I have not yet read. For this emotional design activity I wanted to reflect on the enormous load of work that is always present.



I started off with my design basics book. This book is not really that difficult to read I just used it because I was for this class. I tried to take a picture from a perspective what would make this book look really big. So I put the camera next to it so it would look like the book was going off into the distance.





I removed the original background and replaced it with a white background so it looked like the book was going toward vast open space. Then I added the title of "Why is Homework Such a Daunting Task?"


I then found a picture of stars and thought that this would convey a better image of not ending and openness than a white background.





This was my next draft. I put the stars in the background, changed the text, and made the text look like the credits from a star-wars movie.




I then made the book spiral almost as if it was being sucked into a black hole way off in the distance. Which I do sometimes feel that homework sucks me in and keeps me from doing other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment